Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sketch Model Series | Layers



Looking back at the adjacencie sketch model that I had made, I began to realize that I should not be putting these models together just for the heck of it been done. I tried making up one reason for why I should build each model. From that one reason, I generated some ideas about why a building form could follow that structure and how the sketch model would benefit from that idea. OK, so my idea for this one sketch model was layers. What would be layered? (floors, spaces, materials, structures, pluming, etc) What could happen in each of these layers? (it could be open, enclosed, generate multitudes of people, nothing would happen on the layer!!) How would the sketch model benefit from being modeled? (well the sketch model's only benefit would be looking nice enough for a picture and be published on my blog) BUT how would I benefit from the model what conclusions could I draw? In this case I found interesting ways for possible floor layering and interesting materials that could be used for the construction of a building that looked like the one above.

No comments:

Post a Comment