Monday, April 13, 2009

Navigation

At the last review, Travis asked me if i was thinking about having little heads "holograms" follow people around telling them where to go and at what point to turn. I said yes. 
At that point our building was a complex mess. We needed a way to aid (aid as in helping them get from point a-z without getting lost and also help them understand the building they were in) those who would occupy the building. I started looking at robotic and mechanical signage and way finding, and i came across V.I.K.I, from I Robot. She is the brain of a building where NS-5 robots are 
designed and made. She is a powerful source for humans, mainly because she guides them and analysis there thoughts before they can. Well, since our building design was already very complex and huge, the design called for a brain to structure and control the complexity of it all. 


V.I.K.I, here is V.I.K.I's manual key. Which is also controlled by a 3-dimensional keyboard.


V.I.K.I's infrastructure. V.I.K.I is allowed to roam thru the building as a human would but she is only a hologram that can appear anywhere inside the building or where electric currents travel.



Here you see V.I.K.I walking along side another robot (ironic). Actually the hologram (three-dimensional photographic image) would guide humans  thru the building and be an information carrier. 



INFORMATION CARRIER


No comments:

Post a Comment